Under the motto "Promoting education - taking everyone along", the Friedel & Gisela Bohnenkamp Foundation supports innovative, professionally validated and sustainable educational projects that improve the educational opportunities of children and young people. The Bohnenkamp Foundation is deliberately a regional foundation that primarily supports projects in the city and district of Osnabrück.
Specifically, the Bohnenkamp Foundation promotes and organizes
- Projects that strengthen and develop self-competence and motivation, especially among socially disadvantaged children and young people.
- Projects that strengthen and support families as an important and continuous educational instance.
- Initiatives that serve to build networks and educational partnerships.
- Measures that contribute to the development of a healthy lifestyle in families, daycare centers and schools as a basis for successful educational processes.
- Initiatives and organizations that positively shape and accompany educational pathways, especially transitions.
- Projects that are innovative and seek solutions that are technically sound and take into account new scientific findings.
Committed to these focal points, several projects with model character have already been realized through the support of the Bohnenkamp Foundation.
As a matter of principle, class trips are not funded by the foundation as part of the support measures for schools.